Even though quarantine and physical distancing are still essential, with a mouse click and a search, you can be transported to sites near and far. Here are a few suggestions for virtual pilgrims, art and nature lovers, during the Easter season. Share the links with a friend or colleague.
Make a virtual pilgrimage to:
- Elizabeth Seton’s New York — https://www.scny.org/spirituality/elizabeth-setons-new-york-audio-files/ Manhattan: Churches of O.L. of the Rosary (State St.), St. Peter’s, St. Paul’s, Trinity; Staten Island – Quarantine Station, St. Andrew’s; New Rochelle – Pell Kimble House, Trinity-St. Paul’s, Hudson Park; Bronx – Mount St. Vincent – Narrated by Sisters Anne Denise Brennan and Constance Brennan (audio only)
- Seton Shrine, Emmitsburg, MD – https://setonshrine.org/explore-the-shrine/ – Museum Exhibits, Civil War Sisters Exhibit, Basilica, White House, Stone House, Cemetery — photos in 360-degree view
- Walking Tour of the Chapel of the Miraculous Medal, Motherhouse of the Daughters of Charity, Rue du Bac, Paris, narrated by Sr. Denise LaRock, DC — 3 min. video. — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBmudgxB60s
- Sistine Chapel, the Vatican — 24 min. video in 360-degree view — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k23ycl-8uCw
- Holy Land — 7 mins., video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IIZJ4YUjSY, narrated by a Franciscan friar; also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjHPS9JuPhQ – narrated by a Christian couple
Drink in the beauty of art museums and botanical gardens around the world —without the crowds— such as:
- Metropolitan Museum of Art – https://www.metmuseum.org/art/online-features/met-360-project.
- National Museum of American History, Washington, DC — https://americanhistory.si.edu/ — a dazzling array of exhibitions on many facets of our country’s shared history
- National Museum of African-American History, Washington, DC –https://nmaahc.si.edu/explore/exhibitions
- Musée d’Orsay in Paris – https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/musee-dorsay-paris
- https://artsandculture.google.com/ – many fascinating places to explore
- The Orchid Show at the New York Botanical Garden — https://www.nybg.org/
- Tulips blooming in a famous garden in Amsterdam — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZZihcN8_hc
Many of your other favorites are offering virtual tours during the Covid-19 crisis. Just search the museum name and virtual tour. Enjoy your travels!
Our thanks to Sr. Regina Bechtle, SC, for compiling these virtual tours for the many who are sheltering, pausing, or quarantining. Stay home, stay well!
Thank you, Regina, for putting these virtual guides/tours together. What a nice idea. A worthwhile way to spend time during the day when the pace is slower than usual.