Praying the Rosary
The Rosary is a favorite Catholic devotion in honor of Mary, Mother of Jesus and our Mother, especially in October. Each decade of the Rosary corresponds to a “mystery” or moment in the life of Christ and his Mother. The Sisters of Charity offer two contemporary ways of praying the Rosary by linking each mystery with intentions of special urgency in our time.
Join with us in praying the Rosary for Peace in our troubled world, and the Rosary for Immigrants, their Advocates, and Families. We invite you to download these brochures by clicking on the links.
Elizabeth Seton’s New York ~ A Guidebook
Adapted by Regina Bechtle, SC, from text by Rose Maria Laverty, SC, and Patricia Noone, SC. Visit sites where Elizabeth Seton lived and prayed in downtown Manhattan, Staten Island, and New Rochelle. Follow in the footsteps of this intrepid woman of New York and first native-born saint of the United States. Twenty-page booklet, illustrations in color. $8.00 suggested donation, shipping included.
Toda Creación Canta, Spanish language version of All Creation Sings
Praying the Psalms with St. Elizabeth Seton Selected and edited by by Regina Bechtle, SC & Margaret Egan, SC This 64-page book combines stunning color photos, psalm verses and quotes from St. Elizabeth Seton who loved and prayed the psalms throughout her life. Available in Spanish. Ideal for gifts or personal reflection! $10.00 suggested donation, plus shipping.
Books and Articles
“An American Daughter” by Regina Bechtle, SC, America, Sept. 1, 2008 (article and podcast). Contact America magazine.
AVAILABLE from Archives, Sisters of Charity of New York – email@example.com – 718.549.9200
The Sisters of Charity of New York, 1960-1996, by Mary Elizabeth Earley, SC,2 vols., (1997), hardcover. Suggested donation: $20 for the set, plus shipping.
AVAILABLE from National Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Gift Shop, Emmitsburg, MD, https://setonshrine.org/shop/ – 301-447-7122
- Elizabeth Bayley Seton: Collected Writings, 4 vols. Edited by Regina Bechtle, S.C. and Judith Metz, S.C., hardcover. Price: Vol. I – $49; Vol. II – $59; Vols. IIIa-IIIb – $95.
- Elizabeth Bayley Seton 1774-1821: Mother, Foundress, Saint, by Annabelle Melville – a foundational biography, $10.00
- Elizabeth Seton: American Saint, by Catherine O’Donnell (2018) – a new and significant biography, $36.95
- 15 Days of Prayer with Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton, by Betty Ann McNeil, D.C., (2002) – a meditative overview of the spirituality of Elizabeth Ann Seton, focusing on key parts of her life. $12.95
- Elizabeth Ann Seton (Saints by our Side series), by Anne Merwin (2014) – a guide through the saint’s life and spiritual path. $10.95
- Praying with Elizabeth Seton, by Margaret Alderman & Josephine Burns, D.C., ed. Betty Ann McNeil, D.C. (1992), paperback. Reflective meditations through all phases of Mother Seton’s life. $16.95
AVAILABLE from your bookstore
15 Days of Prayer with Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton, by Betty Ann McNeil, D.C., Liguori Publications (2002), paperback. This 100-page work provides a meditative overview of the spirituality of Elizabeth Ann Seton, focusing on key parts of her life.
Praying with Elizabeth Seton, by Margaret Alderman & Josephine Burns, D.C., Saint Mary’s Press (1992), paperback. Reflective meditations through all phases of Mother Seton’s life.
A Retreat with Elizabeth Seton: Meeting our Grace, by Judith Metz, S.C., St. Anthony Messenger Press (1999), paperback. Themes drawn from Elizabeth’s life, blended with Scripture quotes and good questions for reflection, make this a rich companion for a week’s retreat.
American Saint, the Life of Elizabeth Seton, by Joan Barthel (2014) – a popular biography by a journalist and bestselling author.
Elizabeth Seton’s New York Audio Files
Take a New York walk in the footsteps of Elizabeth Ann Bayley Seton. The saint (voice of Sr. Constance Brennan, SC) will be your guide to places in her native city where she lived, worshipped, or visited from 1774 to 1808. A narrator (voice of Sr. Anne Denise Brennan, SC) shares more information about each site. Click here to listen/download the files.