The Sisters of Charity of New York are seeking a Nursing Care Coordinator at Mount Saint Vincent Convent, a 60-room retirement home in Bronx, NY. The Convent provides assisted living services to retired sisters of the congregation.
In collaboration with the Director of Nursing, the Nursing Care Coordinator promotes sisters’ physical and mental health by actively participating in the interdisciplinary team. The role requires utilization of the nursing process, hands-on clinical assessment, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and strong organizational and communication skills. The Nursing Care Coordinator coordinates and monitors all aspects of medical services per Convent policy and responds to each sister’s needs.
- Assists the Director of Nursing in managing clinical operations of the nursing department.
- Participate in on-call responsibilities, which include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- In collaboration with the DON, conducts individualized physiological and psychological assessments and implements a plan of care.
- Conducts ongoing assessments and revises the plan of care as needed.
- Communicates with the interdisciplinary team members regarding sister’s needs and collaborates with team members to ensure the quality of care.
- Makes daily rounds throughout the entire Convent.
- Performs safe, efficient direct patient care within established procedures, policies, and standards.
- Administers medications according to policy and procedure.
- Provides guidance and training to nursing staff to execute job duties timely and per nursing standards.
- Performs administrative duties including but not limited to memos, medication management, and ordering of medical supplies.
- Accompany sisters to doctor appointments when requested.
- Visit sisters in hospitals and rehabilitation centers regularly.
- In collaboration with the Director of Nursing, provide job training to nursing staff.
- Demonstrates ability to handle emergencies promptly, precisely, and professionally.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment to the Mission of the Sisters of Charity and the elderly.
- LPN required, ASN/BSN preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of clinical nursing experience in a geriatric setting is required, and supervisory experience is preferred.
- New York State nursing license required.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication, organization, planning, and ability to maintain a high level of discretion with confidential information.
- On-call duty is required as well as nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have valid NYS Driver’s License and successfully pass SCNY driving test.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safer performance of assigned duties.
Please send resumes to Sharon Dosin, Director of Human Resources, email@example.com