Dear Faithful Friends of the Sisters of Charity,
“Love, overflowing with small gestures of mutual care, is also civic and political, and it makes itself felt in every action that seeks to build a better world.” Pope Francis, Laudato Si’ #231.
This election, our country is faced with critical choices. In response to Laudato Si’s call to Civic and Political Love, faith-based organizations have compiled voter guides and reflections to help us determine how our faith informs our vote. The Voting and Anti-Racism Committee of the SCNY Office of Peace, Justice and Integrity of Creation invites all of us to take time to pray over, reflect on, and share the resources below:
- Reflection Guide: Democracy, Values & the 2020 Election, developed by Faith in Public Life and Interfaith Power & Light
- Maryknoll Office of Global Concerns Voting Briefs
- Creating Communion at the Intersection of Racism, Migration, and Climate Crisis from LCWR Region 7 (Indiana and Michigan)
- Catholic Social Teaching, Politics and the Fullness of Faith Webinar from Catholic Climate Covenant
- U.S Catholic Sisters Against Human Trafficking 2020 General Elections Voter Guide
May the above Voting Resources be valuable reflections for all of us as we pray for a future for our country rooted in the principles of Jesus – compassion, justice, equality, and inclusion.