The Sisters of Charity of New York are seeking a full-time Property and Finance Assistant.
The Assistant will also provide organizational and administrative support to the Director of Facilities and Property Services by acting as a liaison between the various properties owned by the Sisters of Charity, the residents and the Director. The assistant is also responsible to provide support to the Office of Stewardship Services and follow procedures and controls to conduct financial business with maximum economy.
- Prepare correspondence and other documents needed to effectively manage the Office of Stewardship Services and Property Department.
- Create and maintain up to date files with required information and perform periodic inspections of files to ensure correct placement.
- Take minutes at various department meetings.
- Prepare checks as needed.
- File all paid invoices and assist in annually updating vendor files.
- Assist with annual Audit.
- Make bank deposits and Post Office visits, as requested.
- Prepare letters and schedule appointments for sisters who are required to take annual driving test.
- Maintain accurate and updated property records.
- Coordinate repairs and maintenance requests from sisters and staff and communicate timely progress.
- Maintain status and work to clear violations on properties owned by Sisters of Charity, including those maintained by the College of Mount Saint Vincent.
- Maintain a calendar of regularly scheduled tasks, such as boiler and elevator inspections, fire alarm testing; and arrange for the scheduled service to be done.
- Maintain accurate schedule and requests for St. Margaret’s Villa.
- Work as part of the administrative team to ensure that all office functions are executed accurately and in a timely manner when needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Peachtree Accounting Software.
- Appropriate Bachelors Degree or minimum of 5 years experience in administrative services required.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org