The Sisters of Charity Housing Development Corporation (SCHDC) is seeking a part time Café Manager at Vinny’s Place (10-15 hours per week). SCHDC is a not-for-profit organization established in 1986 to provide affordable and supportive housing in New York. It is a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of Charity of New York, who have been serving New York’s most vulnerable residents since 1817. 100% of the units within SCHDC’s portfolio are affordable housing units, serving the elderly, special needs populations, homeless and formerly homeless.
SCHDC is a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of Charity of New York, who have been serving New York’s most vulnerable residents since 1817.
The Café Manager will provide a welcoming environment for residents of Seton Village and Vincent’s Village to enjoy group activities, informal gatherings, and quiet reflection in a welcoming atmosphere.
- Work with Team Leader of Vocational Training Program of the Foundling to facilitate volunteers.
- Manage and order inventory.
- Receive delivered café supplies and verify that the correct items and quantities have been delivered.
- Track expenses and donations.
- Recruit additional volunteers as necessary.
- Communicate with Management and ESSHI staff in the scheduling of formal programming.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of café equipment.
- Ensure that the café is always clean and well-presented.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience in food and beverage service is preferred.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
Please send resume to email@example.com.