The Maintenance Technician will perform routine repair and general maintenance work at properties owned by the Sisters of Charity, upkeep of grounds and special projects as needed. The Technician must have a valid NYS Driver’s License and travel between various properties owned by the Sisters of Charity.
- Perform repair or general maintenance work at various buildings and grounds including but not limited to heating and boiler maintenance, basic plumbing, electrical, carpentry, plaster, and painting tasks.
- Respond to a variety of service requests and work orders from the residents.
- General cleaning of all common areas in the building including but limited to, front, rear, and trash storage areas.
- Move and assist in the transportation of furniture and equipment.
- Install and remove air conditioning units from each apartment, as requested.
- Practice preventative maintenance measures by conducting frequent inspections of the interior and exterior of facility, including the roofs.
- Keep appropriate service and repair records and keep inventory of required parts and maintenance supplies.
- Prioritize projects that protect the daily function of the building and its residents.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to use efficiently various power and hand tools.
- Follow oral and/or written instructions.
- Communicate efficiently and fluently in English in both written and oral form.
- Respond in a timely fashion to emergency calls and requests after regular work hours.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License and successfully pass the SCNY road test.
- Ability to drive to various work locations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org