The Sisters of Charity of New York are seeking a Coordinator of Administrative Services at Mount Saint Vincent Convent, a 60-room retirement home in Bronx, NY. The Convent provides assisted living services to retired sisters of the congregation.
The coordinator provides secretarial, organizational, and administrative support to the Administrative Team at the Mount Saint Vincent Convent. The Assistant also ensures that all requests are executed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Creates and maintains accurate merged calendar of all events at convent including pastoral, recreation, congregation, and physical therapy events and ensures no conflicts and communicate these events to residents.
- Maintains accurate and up to date MSV Convent Handbook, Resident Extension List, Resident Room List, Weekend Coverage Schedule and prepare correspondence and other documents as requested.
- Creates daily transportation schedule, communicates schedule to Driver and sisters. If Driver is unavailable, coordinate volunteer driving schedule to transport sisters.
- Reviews for accuracy and submits for payment convent’s pharmacy invoice.
- Oversees registration, inspection and maintenance and repair of cars.
- Maintains accurate and up to date calendar for sister’s visitors.
- Covers reception desk, when requested.
- Prepares and post daily meal menus.
- Maintains signup sheets and coordinates regularly scheduled volunteers who assist sisters with shopping and technology.
- Assists with preparation and distribution of materials as well as arrangements for meetings and celebrations.
- Acts as a resource for Sisters to solve minor computer, printer, and internet problems.
- Arranges for food for special events, when required.
- Maintains office equipment, including but not limited to printers, fax machines and copiers and ensure availability of office supplies.
- Maintain schedule of Mass Intentions, collect payment, and inform Director of Pastoral Services, as needed.
- Establishes and maintain cordial relations with visitors and callers, and staff of other departments.
- Occasionally shop for household or specialty items.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment to and understanding of the Mission, history and values of the Sisters of Charity and working with the elderly.
- HS Diploma or GED required, appropriate bachelor’s degree preferred and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in administrative services required.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite as well as technical skills to successfully organize virtual meetings and program Smart TV’s.
- Use time efficiently; organize work effectively and systematically and establish routines where appropriate.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License and successfully pass the SCNY Driving Test.
Must be able to sit, stand and walk around building frequently for up to 8 hours per day in a busy environment. Be able to perform with numerous interruptions and be able to withstand the pressure of time and responsibility. Deal with a variety of personalities in a tactful and professional manner while meeting deadlines and other assignments.
Please send resumes to email@example.com