The Sisters of Charity of New York are seeking an Assistant Director of Peace, Justice and Integrity of Creation.
General Duties: The Assistant Director of Peace, Justice and Integrity of Creation (PJIC), assists the Director in planning, implementing and coordinating PJIC initiatives and programs of the Sisters of Charity of New York. The Assistant Director will advance the work of the Congregation in issues of social justice, peace and integral ecology.
- Assists in keeping PJIC section of SCNY website updated and getting current issues and events on designated social media such as Facebook, Twitter.
- Assists in writing PJIC material such as monthly update to Congregation, monthly report to Council Liaison, and special reports on specific issues.
- Coordinates, keeps communication open between, and attends designated committee meetings and events.
- Represents SCNY at designated events, vigils and meetings depending on issues that she/he is responsible for.
- Plans, coordinates and implements programs, in collaboration with appropriate groups, on issues that she/he is responsible for.
- Oversees setting up meetings, preparing material for meetings and taking minutes when necessary.
- Assists Chief Financial Officer, by participating in ICCR, Tri-CRI and other corporate responsibility conference calls; and, attending meetings and dialogues in NY area.
- Takes responsibility for public witness sign-on and maintain updated list to be published to Congregation annually.
- Assists in outreach to high schools and parishes around PJIC issues.
- Participates in identified local, regional and national groups that SCNY PJIC Office collaborates with and as determined by PJIC Director.
- Takes responsibility for education, raising awareness, advocacy and systemic change on issues that PJIC Director and Leadership Team have identified. i.e. human trafficking, immigration, environment, etc.
- Responsible for networking, collaborating and working with colleagues and outside groups and organizations on specific initiatives and issues.
- Learns about Federation and Vincentian Family history/charism/mission and participates in related activities such as UN events, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of and passion for peace, justice and the integrity of creation.
- Master’s Degree in related field, preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, prioritization, planning, organization, and communication.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and take initiative.
- Ability to impart information on issues in a manner that motivates Sisters and Associates to prophetic action and witness through prayer, presence, marches, vigils, public stance etc.
- Ability to attend day and evening meetings, events, rallies and vigils etc.
- Ability to travel to various meetings and navigate public transportation system, when required.
Please send resume to email@example.com