The Sisters of Charity of New York are seeking an Administrator for St. Patrick’s Villa, a 25-room retirement home in Nanuet, New York. The Administrator is responsible for helping to create a nurturing environment where retired members of the congregation can live together in harmony, pray together, and be a welcoming presence to others.
General Duties: The Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operation of both houses on the property and for the evaluation and implementation of established protocols. The Administrator assists in creating a nurturing environment that will enable the residents to live together in harmony, pray together, and be a welcoming presence to others. In addition, act as the liaison with Visiting Nurse of Westchester Care at Home. The Administrator must handle all information about the congregation with extreme confidentiality and ensure the Mission of the Convent is carried out.
• Creates a nurturing environment that will enable the residents to continue their life of prayer and spiritual development as we all as provide proper food, rest, medication, transportation, recreation, and intellectual stimulation in such a way that autonomy of each sister is balanced with the need for good organization of the whole.
• Provides orientation to new residents, listens attentively to their needs, communicates accurate and timely information, and makes referrals for services as needed.
• Provides supervision to all staff members.
• Assists the Sister Sacristan in providing Mass, prayer time, Retreat, and gatherings on spiritual topics.
• Provides for regular visits with sisters when they are in the hospital, is responsive to their needs and communicates timely information to the Councilor.
• Refers medical concerns to the VNSW at Home Care Navigator and oversees Aides.
• Makes written or oral reports/recommendations to the Assistant to the President concerning the operation of the facility with plans for correction and follow-up, when needed.
• Maintains fiscal integrity by ensuring careful spending resulting in a balanced budget and accurate account information.
• Prepares checks for payment of all invoices and goes to bank as necessary.
• Distributes sister’s stipends and maintains accurate ledger of funds.
• Collaborates with the Office of Stewardship Services to ensure monthly and quarterly budget reports are executed timely.
• Ensures careful maintenance of the building and grounds, prioritizes maintenance needs and in collaboration with the Office of Stewardship Services develops a long-range capital improvement plan.
• Ensure the sister’s nutritional needs are met and meals are served in an enjoyable, respectful manner.
• Meets regularly with staff; ensures that orientation, on-going training, and supervision are provided, within a safe and respectful working environment.
• Oversees registration, inspection and maintenance and repair of house cars.
• In conjunction with Director of Human Resources assists in the recruitment and selection of staff.
• Maintains accurate payroll records via ADP with regards to time and attendance for reporting personnel.
• Maintains familiarity with the Sisters of Charity Employee Handbook to ensure that its policies, procedures and guidelines are carried out justly for each employee.
• Holds monthly House Meetings with sisters to ensure they are informed of events and matters at the Convent.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Commitment to the Mission of the Sisters of Charity of New York and staying apprised of issues in the field of gerontology.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred and 5 years related work experience.
• Demonstrated compassion, flexibility, communication and ability to relate to a broad spectrum of personalities.
• Excellent in communication, organization, interpersonal and planning skills and ability to maintain a high level of discretion with confidential information.
• Ability to work a rotating work schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Please send resumes to Sharon Dosin, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com