A Donor Advised Fund (DAF) is an investment account for philanthropic giving that offers an immediate tax benefit and the flexibility to support your preferred charities right away or over time.
The advantages of giving through your DAF
- Simplicity: Your sponsoring organization handles all record-keeping, and tax receipts and provides you with a single document at tax time.
- Timing: You can request that a donation be made at any time or make automatic recurring gifts on a schedule of your choice.
- Open to all: Individuals, families, companies, foundations and other entities can start a DAF.
- Increase your philanthropic capital: With varying investment strategies available, the funds in your DAF have the potential to grow tax-free.
- Flexible funding options: Fund your DAF with the assets of your choice, including cash, stock, securities, and even real estate.
Why recommend a grant from your DAF to the Sisters of Charity of New York?
Our Sisters are passionate about serving others. We don’t shy away from tackling society’s toughest issues including homelessness, poverty, and human trafficking. We commit ourselves to inclusiveness and community with all people. Your gift will support theses ministries and more:
- LEFSA (Life Experience and Faith Sharing Associates) – LEFSA is a unique city-wide program that creates faith communities with homeless persons living in shelters, drop-in centers, at a drug rehabilitation program, and an HIV/AIDS residence. It fills a critical void for those in the city’s shelter system who are offered a cot and perhaps a meal, without the spiritual support necessary for climbing out of severe poverty.
- Sisters Hill Farm – Our farm provides its hundreds of shareholders with nutritious, chemical-free food grown using organic methods. Each week the farm donates a portion of its fresh produce to individual families, to soup kitchens, and to organizations serving the materially disadvantaged in both New York City and Dutchess County.
- Vincent’s Table – Vincent’s Table is a new program sponsored by the Sisters of Charity and is designed to provide food and other items to people that are facing food insecurity and homelessness in the Northwest Bronx and Yonkers.
- Elizabeth Seton Women’s Center –The Center is a resource for all women regardless of religious belief, age, income, ethnicity or sexual orientation. Programs and services focus on the spiritual life and inherent strength in each woman.
- Sisters of Charity Housing Corporation –The Sisters of Charity Housing Development Corporation was established in support of our ministry to help provide housing for those in need. The Corporation works to develop affordable and supportive housing programs in Manhattan, Staten Island, and Nanuet.
Please call Anne Marie Gardiner, Director of Development 718-879-5262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a financial advisor?
If your clients are looking to make a gift through their DAF, please note the Sisters of Charity of New York’s tax ID number is 13-1740394.