The story of the Sisters of Charity in New York began in 1817. It is a story of thousands of lives serving God’s poor, a story of tough love and high standards, a story of caring and compassion, a story of inventiveness to infinity. It is a story of needs met, difficulties faced, challenges overcome, societies changed — with few resources but boundless energy, dedicated colleagues, and trust in God’s Providence. It is a story impelled by the Charity of Christ — and that marvelous mission continues today. This year we celebrate the beginning of that mission. We hope you enjoy the photos from these events.
Subscribe for email updates
- How Will You Get Ready?
- Vincent’s Table: Combating Hunger One Community at a Time
- In Memoriam: Sister Alice Ward
- In Memoriam: Sister Thérèse Marie Donnelly
- In Memoriam: Sister Winifred Mary Lyons, SC
- October 27 Invitation to Prayer
- The College of Mount St. Vincent Makes Major Announcements
- Saint Vincent de Paul Feast Day