Toward An Ever Wider “We”
an interfaith prayer service
commemorating World Day of Migrants & Refugees
Sunday, September 26 at 2:00 pm ET via zoom
Sisters of Charity of New York, Immigration Committee & Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of New York, Department of Social & Community Development
This prayer service is in conjunction with the annual National Migration Week (September 20–26), sponsored by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Our theme will focus on the call to people of all faiths, to ensure that after the turmoil of the past two years, we will think no longer in terms of “them” and “those,” but only of “we.”
Sharers of Stories
- Samuel Heptig, Resettlement Supervisor, Catholic Charities Community Services, Archdiocese of New York.
- Ignacia Gonzalez, Catholic Charities Community Services of Westchester
- Eva Carrillo Xocol, Sisters of Charity Associate, Barbara Ford Peacebuilding Center, Guatemala
- Yiany Delarosa, College of Mount Saint Vincent sophomore and TRIO Ambassador & Alba Ovalles, College of Mount Saint Vincent sophomore and TRIO Ambassador
- Muslim Prayer Giver: Imam Tahir Kukaj — Albanian Islamic Center, Staten Island
- Buddhist Prayer Giver: Venerable Doyeon Park — Won Buddhism U.N./Interfaith Office
- Hindu Prayer Giver: TBD
- Jewish Prayer Giver: TBD
- Christian Prayer Giver: Wantoe Teah Wantoe, College of Mount. Saint Vincent senior
To register please send name and email address to email@example.com.
Zoom link will be forwarded on Saturday, September 25, 2021