The Sisters of Charity Housing Development Corporation (SCHDC) is seeking a full time Program Director at Vincent’s Village Apartments. SCHDC is a not-for-profit organization established in 1986 to provide affordable and supportive housing in New York. It is a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of Charity of New York, who have been serving New York’s most vulnerable residents since 1817. SCHDC currently owns and operates 11 housing developments totaling 625 units in Staten Island, Manhattan and Nanuet, including Seton Village, a 106-unit senior project located adjacent to Vincent’s Village in Nanuet. 100% of the units within SCHDC’s portfolio are affordable housing units, serving the elderly, special needs populations, homeless and formerly homeless.
The Program Director will oversee the implementation of the Empire State Supportive Housing Initiative at Vincent’s Village, helping to maintain an integrated senior supportive housing community. The Program Director is responsible for the administration and oversight of social service programming, health and wellness activities, including staff supervision and collaboration with the property management company. The Program Director must also work with its financial partners, data collection and reporting agencies and ensure all government regulations are met while working within the constraints of an approved budget. The primary goal is to assist individuals to remain in stable housing in a safe and supportive environment.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of all services provided at Vincent’s Village, including but not limited to social service, case management and health and wellness programs.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, and oversight of social service staff.
- Develop and manage the Empire State Supportive Housing Initiative (ESSHI) program budget, in collaboration with the Executive Director of SCHDC.
- Work closely with NYS Department of Health and other financial supports to ensure program success.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations and standards and work towards increased funding.
- Work with Executive Director of SCHDC to ensure harmonious environment between Vincent’s Village and Seton Village.
- Serve as direct liaison between the property owner, property management company and partner service agencies.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with partner service agencies, government agencies and members of the community.
- Complete funder reports on an ongoing and timely basis, ensuring that data management is connected to funder deliverables and Social Determinants of Health and health outcomes.
- Familiarity with government funding mechanisms and billing, including but not limited to Medicaid.
- Represent Vincent’s Village and SCHDC as needed in meetings with Town, County and State officials as well as with not for profit and for profit members of the community.
- Performs other duties and special projects as requested by Executive Director.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment to the Mission of the Sisters of Charity and willingness to support their mission to the underserved.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work preferred, or master’s degree in related field.
- Minimum of 5 years related employment history including leadership, management and supervisory experience.
- Experience working with the frail and elderly population with varying service needs in an integrated housing community.
- Experience working with Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) and the Coordinated Entry System.
- Experience working with the Uniform Assessment System for New York.
- Demonstrated compassion, flexibility, communication and ability to relate to a broad spectrum of personalities.
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal and planning skills and ability to maintain a high level of discretion with confidential information.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Ability to work a rotating work schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
- Must have working knowledge of a Microsoft Office Suite.
Please email resumes to email@example.com