Saint Patrick Villa, a 20-room residence for Sisters of Charity in Nanuet, NY is seeking a temporary (May to August 2022) part-time Cook, Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays 3pm – 7pm and Saturdays and Sundays 9am-3pm.
The Cook is responsible to ensure the residents’ nutritional needs are met and meals are served in an enjoyable, respectful manner. The Cook must also ensure that safe service standards are successfully met.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Prepare monthly menus for approval of Administrator
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Collect all items used at meal time from dining room and wash / sanitize all items
- Monitor inventory and inform appropriate person when there are shortages
- Clean food preparation and production areas to ensure equipment is ready for the next meal
- Ability to work on at various special occasions and/or holidays are requested by Administrator
- Greet Sisters as they enter the dining room and serve meals in an enjoyable and respectful manner.
Skills and Qualifications:
- General knowledge and understanding of nutrition
- Considerable knowledge of quantity food production and serving techniques, food safety/sanitation requirements and procedures
- High School Diploma or GED required, and a minimum of two years related work experience required
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other employees
- Commitment to the Mission and values of the Sisters of Charity.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org