The Sisters of Charity of New York seek a Part Time Communications Associate for 10 +/– hours per week
Under the supervision of the Director of External Communications, the Communications Associate will assist the Director with planning, organizing, and executing Communications office programs. The Associate must possess strong writing skills to compose and edit articles from interviews or events for Vision as well as Sisters of Charity website.
- Write articles for Vision and the website.
- Write press releases for external media.
- Post news and update information on website using WordPress.
- Create graphics for and help maintain social media accounts.
- Participate in the planning of Vision, the Congregation’s quarterly magazine.
- Manipulate photos and art using Adobe Photoshop.
- Create cards, flyers, signs, invitations, newspaper and journal ads for print.
- Photograph meetings and events as requested.
- Import photos into Adobe Lightroom and maintain image catalog.
- Scan images when requested.
- Performs other duties and special projects as requested by supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment and understanding of the Mission, history and values of the Sisters of Charity.
- Appropriate Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 1 years’ experience in marketing/communications required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Writing exercise will be administered.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Adobe Spark, Acrobat; WordPress, video editing software (iMovie, Adobe Premiere Essentials, Adobe Premiere or Apple Final Cut Pro), Hootsuite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skills in Adobe Illustrator and light HTML/CSS a plus.
- Must be proficient on Macintosh platform.
Please send resumes to email@example.com