The Sisters of Charity of New York are seeking a Nurse Manager at Mount Saint Vincent Convent, a 60-room retirement home in Bronx, NY. The Convent provides assisted living services to retired sisters of the congregation.
In collaboration with the Director of Nursing, the Nurse Manager promotes the physical and mental health of sisters by actively participating in the interdisciplinary team. The role requires utilization of the nursing process, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, strong organizational and communication skills. The Nurse Manager coordinates and monitors all aspects of medical/ psychiatric services, in accord with Convent policy and in response to each sister’s needs.
- Assists the Director of Nursing in managing clinical operations of the nursing department.
- Conducts individualized physiological and psychological assessments and implement a plan of care.
- Conducts ongoing assessments and revises plan of care, as needed.
- Communicates with the interdisciplinary team members regarding sister’s needs and collaborates with team members to ensure quality of care.
- Makes daily rounds throughout the entire convent.
- Performs safe, efficient direct patient care, within established procedures, policies, and standards.
- Administers medications according to policy and procedure.
- Provides guidance and training to nursing staff to execute job duties timely and in accordance with nursing standards.
- Performs administrative duties including but not limited to memos, medication management and ordering of medical supplies.
- Accompany sisters to doctor appointments, when requested.
- Visit sisters in hospitals and rehabilitation centers on a regular basis.
- In collaboration with the Director of Nursing, provide job training to nursing staff.
- Demonstrates ability to handle emergency situations in a prompt, precise, and professional manner.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment to the Mission of the Sisters of Charity and to the elderly.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required.
- Minimum of 5 years of nursing experience required, supervisory experience preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in New York State.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent in communication, organization, planning, and ability to maintain a high level of discretion with confidential information.
- On call duty required as well as nights, weekends, and holiday, as needed.
- Must have valid NYS Driver’s License and successfully pass SCNY driving test.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safer performance of assigned duties.
Walk extensively to and from various locations of the building while making rounds and transport residents within the facility for up to 8 hours per day. Ability to bend, stoop, sit, stand, reach, and lift 40 pounds or less; must utilize proper lifting and body mechanics to prevent personal injury. This position performs tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. Rotational on-call schedule which includes night and weekend coverage.
Please send resumes to Sharon Dosin, Director of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org