The Sisters of Charity of New York are seeking a Housekeeping and Dietary Coordinator at Mount Saint Vincent Convent, a 60-room retirement home in Bronx, N.Y. The Convent provides assisted living services to retired sisters of the Congregation.
The Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Housekeeping and Dietary Departments. In addition to supervision and oversight, the Coordinator is also responsible for hands on cleaning and to ensure the Convent is properly maintained and sanitized.
- Supervise Housekeeping and Dietary personnel; prepare work schedules and daily assignments and ensure that departments are staffed properly.
- Maintain accurate payroll records via ADP with regards to time and attendance for reporting personnel and approve paid time off requests.
- Conduct daily inspections of assigned work areas to assure that cleanliness and sanitary conditions are maintained throughout the building; ensure all rooms and common areas are clean and clothes and linens are properly laundered.
- Create general cleaning schedule and ensure they are executed timely.
- Actively participate in hands-on cleaning of Convent.
- Ensure all operational and safety procedures are followed.
- Assist in the orientation and training of housekeeping and dietary personnel.
- Demonstrate leadership, communicate effectively, and develop and train staff on Convent’s policy and procedures.
- Work within approved budget to ensure adequate inventory of housekeeping and dietary supplies.
- Contribute to and maintain an atmosphere of warmth and respect, and a calm environment throughout the house.
- Attend and participate in department and staff in-service programs and trainings as scheduled.
- Ensure equipment is cleaned and properly stored at end of each shift.
- Cooperate and work together with all co-workers to plan and complete job duties with minimal direction and promote a positive working environment.
- Communicate frequently with food service staff concerning special meal requirements or specialty food items for various occasions and parties.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment to the Mission of the Sisters of Charity and to the elderly.
- Leadership and management skills to oversee the daily operations of the departments.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- High School Diploma or GED required, and a minimum of five years related work experience required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
While performing the duties of this job, you are frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. You are also occasionally required to sit. You must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please send resumes to email@example.com