The Sisters of Charity of New York are seeking a Full-Time Director of Communications who will work effectively with the Ministry Advancement Team.
The Director of Communications is responsible for developing effective messaging and communication strategies. He/she must create or oversee the creation of materials sent on behalf of the congregation. The Director will also work with all forms of media, including press releases and digital campaigns, print materials, social media, audio, video and more.
The Director of Communications must have strong writing skills, communications abilities, and team-working qualities. In addition, they should be able to work with various departments to ensure the organization’s messaging is consistent.
- Effectively collaborate with Ministry Advancement Team.
- Create and maintain primary media contacts for public relations and press releases.
- Place stories concerning the congregation, individual ministries and/or sister and associates in appropriate publications.
- Act as representative to all media sources.
- Attend meetings and social events concerning the congregation.
- Coordinate photography needs of congregation.
- Contract with and/or oversee graphic designers, photographers, videographers to execute projects or cover events.
- Design and execute in-house graphic design projects as directed by Leadership.
- Identify issues, events and programs that require media attention.
- Serve as editor and webmaster for the Sisters of Charity website to ensure that new and consistent information is posted regularly.
- Manage and oversee all social media content/manage and direct social media consultant.
- Collaborate with Charism Director to provide spiritual resources on website.
- Create and prepare digital files for advertisements in journals and publications.
- Collaborate with various departments to design, layout, execute documents, respond to online inquiries and requests for information.
- Coordinate the production and editing of Vision, 3 times per year.
- Execute the digital layout of Vision, liaise with printer to see through to completion and delivery.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development as required.
- Collaborate with Councilors to select, prepare, and provide photos of deceased members.
- Prepare and monitor annual budget.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment and understanding of the Mission, history and values of the Sisters of Charity.
- Appropriate Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing/communications required.
- Proficient in all social medial platforms.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in writing press releases, articles, and advertisements.
- Advanced knowledge of photo-editing, document design software and Microsoft Office Suite.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org