The Sisters of Charity of New York (SCNY) and the College of Mount Saint Vincent (CMSV) are seeking a part-time Coordinator of Vincent’s Table, a new collaborative ministry that will address food insecurity and basic human needs in our surrounding area. The ministry will also provide a space for staff, student volunteers and Sisters of Charity to share in prayer, meals, and life experiences in an idyllic setting on Mount Saint Vincent campus.
The Coordinator of Vincent’s Table will oversee the implementation and day-to-day organization of the ministry and will be responsible for the synchronization of the food pantry services and supervision of volunteers.
- Create responsibilities and assignments for volunteers.
- Schedule all volunteers in conjunction with CMSV and SCNY.
- Order food for pantry, track inventory, and receive deliveries.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies and food.
- Work within approved budget.
- Coordinate deliveries to outside pantries and other delivery sites.
- Ensure food pantry, office space, storage room, etc., are all clean, well-organized and space is welcoming to all.
- Oversee volunteers to ensure proper execution of tasks and customer service.
- Maintain active communication with appropriate parties at SCNY and CMSV.
- Organize and hold regular team meetings.
- Maintain schedule of space for related uses.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment to the Mission of the Sisters of Charity and College of Mount Saint Vincent and willingness to support their mission to the underserved.
- Passion to assist those who live in poverty.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the social services or emergency food sector.
- Bilingual, Spanish-English a plus.
- Demonstrated compassion, flexibility, communication, and ability to relate to a broad spectrum of personalities.
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal and planning skills.
- Must have working knowledge of a Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License.
- Ability to drive a van.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
This is a part-time position (25 hours per week) with a varied work schedule.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org