The Sisters of Charity of New York are seeking an Administrative Assistant at Mount Saint Vincent Convent, a 60-room retirement home in Bronx, N.Y. The Convent provides assisted living services to retired sisters of the congregation.
The Administrative Assistant provides secretarial, organizational, and administrative support to the Administrative Team at the Mount Saint Vincent Convent. The Assistant also ensures that all requests are executed accurately and in a timely manner.
Create and maintain accurate merged calendar of all events at Convent including pastoral, recreation, congregation, and physical therapy events and ensure no conflicts; communicate these events to residents.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date MSV Convent Handbook, Resident Extension List, Resident Room List, Weekend Coverage Schedule, and prepare correspondence and other documents as requested.
- Create daily transportation schedule, communicate schedule to driver and sisters. If driver is unavailable, coordinate volunteer driving schedule to transport sisters.
- Oversee registration, inspection, maintenance and repair of cars.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date calendar for sisters’ visitors.
- Prepare and post daily meal menus.
- Maintain signup sheets and coordinate regularly scheduled volunteers who assist sisters with shopping and technology.
- Assist with preparation and distribution of materials as well as arrangements for meetings and celebrations.
- Act as a resource for sisters to solve minor computer, printer, and internet problems.
- Arrange for food for special events when required.
- Maintain office equipment, including but not limited to printers, fax machines and copiers, and ensure availability of office supplies.
- Maintain schedule of Mass Intentions, collect payment, and inform Director of Pastoral Services as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain cordial relations with visitors and callers, and staff of other departments.
- Assist resident sisters to ensure adequate inventory of the sisters’ Gift Shop.
- Occasionally shop for household or specialty items.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment to and understanding of the Mission, history and values of the Sisters of Charity and working with the elderly.
- HS Diploma or GED required, appropriate bachelor’s degree preferred and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in administrative services required.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite as well as technical skills to successfully organize virtual meetings and program Smart TV’s.
- Use time efficiently; organize work effectively and systematically and establish routines where appropriate.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License and successfully pass the SCNY Driving Test.
Must be able to sit, stand and walk around building frequently for up to 8 hours per day in a busy environment. Be able to perform with numerous interruptions and be able to withstand the pressure of time and responsibility. Deal with a variety of personalities in a tactful and professional manner while meeting deadlines and other assignments.
Please send resumes to email@example.com